Overloading Outlets: This is one of the most common electrical safety mistakes people make. Overloading an outlet by plugging in too many devices or appliances can cause overheating and result in an electrical fire.
Using Damaged Electrical Cords or Appliances: Using damaged electrical cords or appliances is extremely dangerous and can result in electric shock, fires or even death. Make sure to check your cords and appliances regularly for damage and replace them immediately if you find any.
Using the Wrong Wattage Light Bulbs: Using light bulbs with the wrong wattage can cause overheating and even start a fire. Always make sure to check the wattage of the bulb before replacing it.
Not Turning Off Appliances When Not in Use: Leaving appliances on when not in use can be a serious electrical safety hazard. This is especially true for devices like space heaters, hair dryers, and curling irons. Always make sure to turn off and unplug these devices when not in use.
DIY Electrical Work: Attempting to do electrical work on your own without proper knowledge or training is extremely dangerous and can result in serious injury or death. Always hire a licensed electrician to handle any electrical repairs or installations.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.